The jewel of the Veneto, Venice is a dreamlike city filled with architectural wonders and incredible collections of art. But this region offers far more than this watery oasis. Lake Garda boasts beautiful scenery, Verona features the world's third-largest Roman Arena and the Dolomites are rich with alpine forests and verdant hills.
Whether you want to wander around a magical maze of canals, sample delicious cuisine, ramble through majestic mountains or relive fascinating history, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Venice and the Veneto have to offer.Our updated guide brings Venice and the Veneto to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the region's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods. We've also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak. DK Eyewitness Venice and the Veneto is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Venice and the Veneto you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Venice and Veneto's must-sees and hidden gems
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Venice and the Veneto, from San Marco to the Lagoon Islands, Verona to the Dolomites
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region easily and confidently
- Covers: San Marco, San Polo and Santa Croce, Castello, Dorsoduro, Cannaregio, The Lagoon Islands, The Veneto Plain, Verona and Lake Garda, The Dolomites
Touring the country? Don't forget to check out DK Eyewitness Italy.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.