Bursting with invaluable advice, this inspiring and practical guide, fully revised and updated in this new edition, is a must for anyone who yearns to write about travel – whether they aspire to make their living from it or simply enjoy jotting in a journal for posterity.
You don’t have to make money to profit from travel writing. Sometimes, the richest rewards are in the currency of experience. How to be a Travel Writer reveals the varied possibilities that travel writing offers and inspires all travellers to take advantage of those opportunities. That’s where the journey begins – where it takes you is up to you.
Let legendary travel writer Don George show you the way with his invaluable tips on:
• The secrets of crafting a great travel story
• How to conduct pre-trip and on-the-road research
• Effective interviewing techniques
• How to get your name in print (and money in your bank account)
• Quirks of writing for newspapers, magazines, online and books
• Extensive listings of writers’ resources and industry organisations
• Interviews with established writers, editors and agents
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world’s leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones.